From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP: save fm broadcast in a .wav file

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to both hear and save my fm data but i am unable to properly save it.I am acquiring the data comntinuously from usrp 2920.Actually the .wav file is created but it does not play.

error.PNG

 My Block Diagram

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,059 Views)

Hi Gerd Appreciate that you reply and willing to help.

Sir along this issue i am facing another issue in my VI ,that i cant record audio even tat i am able to hear fm radio but the recorded file in .wav format does not play.Attached is a snip of my VI.

I can hear the radio but i am unable to record fm radio.

Kindly suggest what may be the problem

Regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,938 Views)

Hi umairpak,

@umairpak wrote:

Actually the .wav file is created but it does not play.

error.PNG

According to the error message this is not a problem of your LabVIEW code.

Check your computer…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,035 Views)

Hi Gerd unfortunately that is not the case!

My pc is fine, something is wrong with my code.I have attached my VI project Kindly check it. When i give a path to the sound record file it creates a path but does not save sound because it of only few kbs. 

Have a productive day Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,009 Views)

Hi umairpak,

@umairpak wrote:

I have attached my VI project Kindly check it.

Even though you named that archive "LV2012" the VIs are saved with LV2020, so I cannot open them right now…

@umairpak wrote:

My pc is fine, something is wrong with my code.

The error message shown in your image is not a LabVIEW error message (AFAIK), but a message of your Windows OS…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,002 Views)

Sir this is the 2012 program.Kindly have a look.

Note:Change the dequeue timeout to -1(default) and the multi-channel fm will work fine.

Kindly have a look when you have time.Refer to the problem

Regards Umair

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,995 Views)

Hi umairpak,

@umairpak wrote:

Sir this is the 2012 program.Kindly have a look.

Now I could open the VIs.

As I don't have the USRP package installed I reduced your main VI to the bare minimum of playing the waveform sound:

I can run that minimum code without getting an error on my laptop…

Again: the error message you have shown in the image above is not a LabVIEW message. It's a message from your (Windows) OS: so I suspect it's a WindowsOS problem…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,992 Views)

Hi Gerd!!!!

1.I said that i cant properly record fm radio .wav files, i did not asked about play. I can successfully play fm radio.

2.My host computer does not have a problem since i can play other .wav files on it.

3.When i try to save my fm radio broadcast it creates the .wav file but does not save any data to it.

Note: please refer to the above posts for problem snips.Gerd as you dont have the usrp soo how come you will solve the problem.

Regards have a productive day.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,976 Views)

Hi umairpak,

@umairpak wrote:

1.I said that i cant properly record fm radio .wav files, i did not asked about play. I can successfully play fm radio.

3.When i try to save my fm radio broadcast it creates the .wav file but does not save any data to it.

Gerd as you dont have the usrp soo how come you will solve the problem.

From your first message (with an error message claiming "Can't play!"):

@umairpak wrote:

Actually the .wav file is created but it does not play.

1. You wrote you can create wave files, but you can't play them…

3. Attach a VI with the waveform data you want to save in a WAV file: this way we can try to debug your problem. Without your data it's hard to guess! (This also answer the point on trying to help without USRP hardware: the problem seems to be just the saving of a waveform into a WAV file! No need for USRP hardware to tackle that problem…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,972 Views)

Hi Gerd!

Actually the problem is not in writing .wav file because i can simply call any .wav file in my labview and save it again by just simple read and write commands and it works fine.

But when I try save fm broadcast the problem occurs that it is unable to properly save the .wav file(i mean it just creates a file). When i tried to save fm Broadcast from LabVIEW Modulation toolkit examples "niUSRP EX FM Demod Sound Card (Shift Reg)" it saves the .wav file but for 2s only.I guess i need to change something or add something I am very confused.

Please guide me through this usrp query.

Regards!!!

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,965 Views)