USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP and OSCILLOSCOPE connection

Hi,

I am using an URSP X310 with LabVIEW 2017. I used the example code to generate and transmit sinusoidal signal with the USRP. Whe I connect the TX port of USRP to the oscilloscope I cannot see any signal except for a spike at the beginning of the transmission. The USRP is working because during the transmission the TX LED is on. Is there any problem in connecting the USRP with an oscilloscope?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,875 Views)

What is the sample rate for your oscilloscope? What is the carrier frequency in your program?

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,846 Views)

The sampling frequency of my oscilloscope is 2 GS/s and I used as carrier frequency 915 MHz, 1GHz, 2 GHz and there was no signal on the oscilloscope for all the values...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,839 Views)

Hm, yeah that is curious? What is the input impedance on your scope?

Can you connect your x310 in loopback and see if you can capture data with the USRP? What examples are you using? What are your daughterboards?

What's the end goal you are trying to achieve? Why are you connecting the x310 to your scope?

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,836 Views)

The bandwidth of scope  also matters.Kindly try using high bandwidth oscilloscope like Mixed domain oscilloscope.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,751 Views)

The bandwidth of scope  also matters.Kindly try using high bandwidth oscilloscope like Mixed domain oscilloscope.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,749 Views)