From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP-RIO Initialize use CPU

Hi,

Today i was running some test with a USRP-RIO.

I'm using LabVIEW 2016, NI USRP 17.2 driver and USRP-2944 and 2950 connected with MXI link.

When NI USRP Open Rx session.vi is executed, a process is launched by the DLL and is using 1 CPU equivalent load (if 4 cores = 30%, if 8 cores = 13%). I can observe it by watching the LabVIEW process in the windows task manager.

I wrote a little VI to reproduce the problem.

Can anybody try this VI and tell me if he can see the same problem.

I tryied whith a 2901 and the problem does not appear.

Thank you,

regards

Guillaume

Il a LabVIEW, il a tout compris !
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,500 Views)

Hi, I have the same problem with USRP-2954 and 2955 using USRP API (LabVIEW 18.0SP1, driver USRP 18.0). However, there is no processor load with the 1G or 10G serial link or the USRP-RIO use.

Regards,

Anatoli

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,031 Views)

Hi Anatoly,

Thank you forreporting your experience !

Any idea from NI support ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,008 Views)

Hi, Guillaume,

NI support recomended to install the latest USRP 19.1 driver. It really fixed the issue with processor load and many other issues too. However, Readme file  (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374760v.html#fixes) does not contain any info about this bug fix. An FPGA image of USRP devices must be updated after driver installation using NI-USRP configuration utility.

Regards,

Anatoli

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,995 Views)