USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP RIO Dual Channel Half Duplex Streaming

USRP RIO 294X/295X have two RF Daughterboards. And each daughter board has seperate Tx and Rx path.

I searched Ettus Research docs and found that these daughter boards doesnot support Full Duplex Streaming i.e. single daughter board transmiting and receiveing at same time bcz of a TR switch that either connects to Tx or Rx path.

In my application, i want dual channel half duplex streaming at different frequencies so, i was thinking of using a single USRP-2940.
i want to know that using LabVIEW Fpga, how can i control daughtetboard TR switch to achieve half duplex TX/RX?

Thanks,
Adeel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,899 Views)

Adeel,

What do you need in terms of Full Duplex? According to the NI documentation, each daughterboard supports full duplex operation through either TDD on the same antenna or FDD using the separate Tx and Rx path. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,892 Views)
Muffin,

Thanks for reply

Actually i need TDD on same antenna both for RF0 and RF1 so this makes USRPRIO as dual channel TDD/Half duplex streamig.
how can i achieve TDD using LabVIEW FPGA? There is no sample VI doing TDD in Streaming Project examples?

-Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,875 Views)