From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP PSK built-in example VI ... not working

hi, i am trying to get the USRP PSK Tx and Rx example to work:

in my VI, its just the base example, modified with a text file read-in on the transmitter, and a text file writer on the receiver. Its operation is to read a binary sequence from a text file, modulate that bitstream to a carrier, save the modulated bitstream (for checking that the right data has been modulated), then transmit (using 1 USRP 2901, from channel 0 TX1, to channel 1 RX2 with the coaxial cable and -30dB attenuator). That then receives the signal, de-modulates the bitstream and saves the bitstream to a text file.

I have got it to work perfectly with BPSK but any of the other modulation formats (QPSK, pi/4DQPSK, 8PSK, 16PSK, OQPSK etc) that are built in to the example don't work at all.

Not sure if this is user error, a setting issue on the front panel, a code fault within the example or a fault with my modifications .... but surely it wont work for BPSK if my modification was wrong.

Attached the VI's, the receiver sub-VI and the three text files to link to the front panel file paths. As i said, it works perfectly with BPSK but not at all with any of the others.

Hope i can find a solution or get some advice with this, thanks!  🙂

J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,774 Views)

forgot to say,

that with the input/output files, if the transmitter program is started before the receiver or vice-versa, then the binary bits will be offset - but its just a case of scrolling and finding a match in the receiver output file to match up the bitstream, easily done because its only a short 32-bit sequence being sent and it has sections with 00000 and 0000 to match up too.

also, any suggestions on how i can add a header to set both tx and rx programs to sync up (without a timer as eventually my project will be used on two separate PC's for Tx and Rx) will be a great help.

Thanks again,

J

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,772 Views)