USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP 2950R does not work

Hello all,

I am trying to install an USRP 2950R on a PC running Windows 10 64 bit. I downloaded and installed NI-USRP 18.0 and installed a
PCIe 8371. After first powering on the USRP and then powering on the PC I observe the following:

1. After booting, the PCIe 8371 gets display correctly in NI MAX as <NI PCIe-8371 "MX1">. However, the USRP 2950R gets displayed as <PXIe/PCIe Device "PCI\VEN_1093...">
2. In the Windows Device Manager, the device is displayed as <PCI Data Acquisiton and Signal Processing Controller> with a yellow exclamation mark in front of it
3. When I power off the USRP and then power it back on while the PC is still on, the USRP gets displayed as <NI USRP-2950R (40 MHz BW)> in the Windows Device Manager and as <NI USRP-2950R...> in NI MAX
4. When I then open the NI-USRP Configuration Utility, the device is listed as <UPDATE NEEDED>. Writing an image to the USRP does not change this (if it works at all)
5. Trying to run any of the Labview USRP examples results in the -63150 error
6. Trying to run \vi.lib\LabVIEW Targets\FPGA\USRP\niusrprio_tools.llb\Write Bitfile to Flash.vi results in the -63150 error
7. Trying to run uhd_usrp_probe.exe results in the -63150 error

I tried to use the MXI Bios compatibility tool, which resulted in the PC no longer booting.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
(2,515 Views)

i am also facing the same problem.

and i have another question is: can i connect my usrp with UPS. because of power supply interruption. My PC is also connected with same UPS.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,349 Views)

Hello samweis57,

I don't know how your manipulation changed the name of the USRP on NI-MAX, but the procedure to detect a device over MXI is to power-up the device first (wait 1-2s) then power-up the computer.

Some questions :

1. Can you send a MAX Report of your computer ?
  2. Can you send a screenshot of what you are seing in NI-MAX ?
  3.  Does this USRP ever worked on another computer ?

4. Do you have other USRPs ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,255 Views)