From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP 2945 Connection Problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have Usrp 2945 and NI-8371 PCIe express card.I put the PCIe card to appropriate slot and first i turned on USRP 2945 then my computer.At the first i saw the USRP 2945 in the Devices and Interfaces and also in the configuration utility and while my computer working accidently i turned of the USRP 2945 and then blue screen appeared on windows.

Then i could not see USRP 2945 in the devices and interfaces again.

How can i fix this problem?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,406 Views)

Also I am adding this screenshots.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,376 Views)

Hi erhank,

It is a good sign that your device is showing up. It looks like you may need to re-associate the driver but I'm not certain.

You should post pictures of the way the device looks in the Windows Device Manager and in the NI USRP Configuration Utility.

Use the 4th bullet point in this article and see if that helps:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019La2SAE

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,357 Views)

Hi AgentAstronaut,

Thank you for your answer.

I did not check the windows device manager i am out of laboratory right now but i am sure that in Usrp Configuration Utility i can not see the Usrp 2945.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,350 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author erhan123

Hi erhank,

If that is the case, that you can't see it in the USRP Configuration Utility but can see it in the device manager I would try to re-associate the driver.

If that doesn't work perform a force reinstall on the USRP driver.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,336 Views)

Hi AgentAnstronaut,

Thank you for your replies,

I installed all the drivers an another computer and it worked well.

So still i don't know what was the problem related with the closing USRP 2945 while computer is running but for the people who are using same device; don't close the USRP 2945 while computer is running.Because after i had done this mistake i could't able to see the USRP 2945!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,296 Views)