From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP 2932 firmware

Hello everyone,

we have just bought a USRP-2932, and on the first run I get this error:

Error -1074118627 occurred at niUSRP Initiate.vi

Possible reason(s):
A runtime or configuration error occurred.
Code: 2410
Details: LookupError: Path not found in tree: /mboards/0/dboards/A/rx_frontends/0/sensors/lo_locked

One solution I found for resolving this error is upgrading the firmware, so I downloaded the USRP 1.2 software package and fired up the config utility to upgrade the firmware.

Are the firmware images for 292x series, that are included in the software package, compatible with 2932 because there are no discreet images for 293x series? 

I didn't want to experiment with these images as I am not willing to brick or damage the USRP and there are neither forum posts nor support files that point out the firmware compatibility.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(9,271 Views)

Hi Inovosel,

The NI-2932 is not supported with the NI-USRP 1.1 driver.  Support for it was added in version 1.2.  So if you ran an example using version 1.1, I would expect to see an error similar to the one that you posted.  The units are shipped with compatible images for version 1.2, so that should not be an issue.  If you are unsure of how to update the images on your device, use the Getting Started Guide for step by step instructions.  If for some reason you do brick the device when updating your images, there is a switch on the motherboard that allows you to boot into a safe mode, so you would not need to ship your unit in for an RMA.  However bricking the unit by updating the firmware and FPGA images is not common if you are using the images that are provided with the driver.

Once you update your driver, if you are still getting this error, please provide details of exactly what you are doing (attach a screen shot or your vi) to help us troubleshoot your issue better.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Message 2 of 29
(9,268 Views)

I installed the software support from the DVD included in the package, so I expect it to be the version 1.2

There were no previously installed USRP drivers on this computer.

First I thought that there may be a compatibility issue with Windows 8, so I tried installing the driver from the DVD on a Windows 7 computer but with no avail.

Here is the list of installed NI software with respective version numbers:

LABVIEW 2013 (13.0f2) 32-bit

NI LabVIEW Modulation Toolkit v 4.3.4

I have worked on the 2921 so I am familiar with the procedure of upgrading the firmware and running the USRP devices.

Here are the images that were installed from the DVD and I don't see the image for 293x series, so if you could point out which image can I use for upgrading:

usrp_img.jpg

Please advise on the upgrading procedure and other possible solutions. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(9,116 Views)

Hey Inovosel,

The ni292x_fpga.bin and ni292x_fw.bin are what should be installed on the device.  When you have the USRP configuration utility open, does your device show up correctly?

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Message 4 of 29
(9,070 Views)

Hey,

the device shows up correctly and the firmware upgrade went without a problem, but I still get the following error message when I try to run any example program:

Possible reason(s):
Details: LookupError: Path not found in tree: /mboards/0/dboards/A/rx_frontends/0/sensors/lo_locked

Please advise what can be done to reslove that problem!

Thakn you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(8,965 Views)

Update:

Upon running uhd_usrp_probe utility I get the error message as shown in the screenshot:

screen.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(8,955 Views)

Hello everyone, i got the USRP-2932 and i am facing the same problem.

I am a Beginner with using Labview, so is just wanted to try GPS Simulation with NI USRP and LabVIEW from this post: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22178

Whenever i try to run the VI, i get the same error message:

Possible reason(s):

i upgraded the firmware to ni292x_fpga.bin and ni292x_fw.bin as the manual described. The driver version is 1.2 and Labview 2013 32bit is used.

Maybe this is a more common problem than i thought. What can i do? Is the firmware corrupt?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(8,916 Views)

I have received a reply saying that there may be an unknown bug and that Ettus R&D team is working on fixing it. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(8,911 Views)

I am facing the same issue, 2920 works perfectly, and the newly arrived 2932 report:

niUSRP Initiate.vi<ERR>A runtime or configuration error occurred.

I am pretty sure it is because of the image/firmware...

Can anyone give me some idea what to do?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(8,875 Views)

Hello lnovosel, Paulus_AuCon, zhe310,

Thank you for the detailed information.  We have been able to reproduce the issue that you are seeing with your units and have also identified the cause.

Currently we are testing a solution to resolve this problem and we will post an update in the next 24 hrs.

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(8,816 Views)