USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time accuracy of USRP time stamp

HI everyone,

I´m using a USRP x310 with labview communications and I want to do a time difference in labview between two USRP time stamps. I know that a USRP time stamp is a cluster with two elements: whole seconds (unsigned 64 bits) and fractional seconds (double precision floating point). In according with DBL nature of the Fractional second variable, I should have a precision of 1e9 (or 1e8 at least) in my time stamps but I have only a precison of 1e-7. How could I get a better precision in my timestamps? is it possible?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,545 Views)

Fundamentally, the resolution of the timestamp is the sample clock period of the device.  For 200 MS/s, the time resolution is 5 ns.

The indicator displaying that timestamp value may just be configured to display a smaller number of digits.  So it will round it for the display, but the underlying wire still holds the full resolution.  You can adjust the display precision of your indicators.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,519 Views)

Thank you for the response. How can I adjust the display precision of my indicators?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,515 Views)

You may not be able to in the typedef indicator coming out of that VI, but you can unbundle it from the type and set any precision on the indicator you want.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,491 Views)