USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The. vi error "No device found" is reported when running ofdm transceiver on usrp2974

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to realize the transmission and reception of ofdm signals in labview+usrp, and find a code on github,(

https://github.com/xiaoyun94/OFDM-Framework-LabVIEW),

However, whether you are running transmitter_ Example.vi or receiver_ Example.vi and error out are displayed

”niUSRP Open Tx Session.vi<ERR>A runtime or configuration error occurred.
Code: 1299
Details: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for ----->
Device Address:
type: b200
name: NI2974“

Before running, I have transferred_ Example and receiver_ The device name in example.vi is changed to NI2974, and the address in the program is changed to 127.0.0.1,

It is worth noting that I can't find any device in the NI-USRP configuration utility (I can find one called RIO0 before, but I can't find one after updating the software and restarting it... This is strange because I am running on the usrp2974 (connected to the monitor), and the NI-USRP driver I downloaded is 17.0. I don't know whether it is because of the inconsistency between the hardware version and the driver version, I hope there is a big guy to answer it. Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,515 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lunaming777

Hi,

Every USRP model has specific default IP address, for most of USRP that is 192.168.10.2. If you connect USRP through network switch to your PC/Laptop (host computer), and set your host to dynamic IP assignment, then your computer can assign IP address automatically. But if you connect directly USRP to your host that running LabVIEW, then you need to set your host IP address to the same network address, subnet. for example for most cases 192.168.10.1 and 255.255.255.0.

therefore the local address of 127.0.0.1 that you used is not correct.

1- check your USRP "getting started guide" document.

2- check if you connecting USRP directly or through network switch.

3- try to find what is your USRP default IP address.

4- set host IP address correctly.

5- use ping command to check connection to USRP.

6- use ni-labview USRP connection tool to check USRP connection.

6-1. Select Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI-USRP»NI-USRP Configuration
Utility to open the NI-USRP Configuration Utility.
     6-2. Select the Change IP Address tab of the utility. Your device should appear in the list.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,488 Views)

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,473 Views)