From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TXs Phase offset in single USRP

Hello,

I have recently started a project  with USRP 2945R. I write the same signal to both TX channels but whether by using internal/external clock source there exists a phase offset between the transmitted signals that I can see on the oscilloscope. This offset changes randomly each time I do the measurements. I wanted to know if there is a way to calibrate the LOs to compensate this phase offset?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,788 Views)

Ni NafJ,

There is some amount of random phase offset that will occur every time you tune the LOs. From Ettus' documentation: "After tuning the RF front-ends, each local oscillator may have a random phase offset due to the dividers in the VCO/PLL chains. This offset will remain constant after the device has been initialized, and will remain constant until the device is closed or re-tuned. This phase offset is typically removed by the user in MIMO applications, using a training sequence to estimate the offset. It will be necessary to re-align the LOs after each tune command."

Cason

NI Applications Engr.

Cassandra Longley
Senior Technical Support Engineer - FlexRIO, High Speed Serial and VRTS
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,763 Views)

Is there any way to measure the phase offset between the LO's in Labview VI?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,516 Views)