USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieve buffer overflow occurs immediately when playing 2 VIs of USRP fetching data

Hello,

I am running a VI fetching data from USRP, and when i try to run an additional VI doing the same operation, i get immediately this error in an error window: niUSRP Fetch data (CDT WDT).vi <ERR> Overflow: an internal receive buffer has filled before the data could be returned. Consider reducing the I/Q rate, increasing the Fetch rate, or increasing the number of samples per fetch. The recommended number of samples per Fetch is a multiple of 2048.

Since it is occurring immediately,  does the solution offered in the error content is the way to handle the problem, or am i missing something?

If so, where can i find the I/Q rate, Fetch rate, the number of samples per fetch and how should i decide upon their values?

Attached an image of part of my design.

Thanks in advance,

Tzahi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,304 Views)

I have tried working with 2 USRP b200 devices connected via USB3 to my computer with niUSRP EX QAM Rx.vi supported example.

I changed the Device Name (can be found in the device address/name of the UHD device found with uhd_find_devices.exe) in 2 different instances of the example with 2 different device names according to my connected devices.

When I start a second instance run, an error: "niUSRP Fetch Rx Data (CDB Cluster).vi<ERR>Overflow: an internal receive buffer has filled before the data could be returned. Consider reducing the I/Q rate, increasing the Fetch rate, or increasing the number of samples per Fetch. The recommended number of samples per Fetch is a multiple of 2040" occurred in the first instance error out window.

I have tried reducing the IQ sampling rate to 1k from 500k in both instances, but the problem still occur. 

This is the same problem as in my VI, any suggestions how to solve this one?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,268 Views)

Hi ,

Could you sent the screenshot of the error ?

bhovhann
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,027 Views)