USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems receiving with two boards

I have been trying to make a VI based on the Rx Spectral Monitoring (Interactive) example supplied to work with two USRP2 boards to receive synchronously. One board is set to use its internal clock while the other is synchronized with the use of a MIMO cable. Running the VI, I am encountering an error (Error -1074118650)at the first Fetch Rx Data block. My attempts at increasing the timeout value seems to have no effect on this error.

Would someone be kind enough to look through the attached VI and suggest what might be wrong with the implementation? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,877 Views)

Hi mki,

Would you mind posting the text that goes along with the error code that you are getting?  It is an undefined error code, so I am unable to look it up and see more details about the problem that you are encountering.

Just looking at your code, one thing I see as a potential problem is the amount of processing that you are doing inside of your acquire loop.  Performing an FFT and displaying it is processor intensive and can cause problems when trying to steam data.  I would recommend moving them outside of the loop with your acquire.  You can use a producer consumer architecture with a queue to create a display if you want a visualization of your data.  

Hope that helps and please post your error code information so this issue can be investigated further.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,871 Views)

Hello!

Please review the following example for how to syncronize two devices. You need sto specify the first device as 'interna' time base making it the master and the second as 'mimo' making it the slave.  Secondly you'll need to specify a start time (usually very short when you just want it to run when you press the run button). Secondly you'll need to set the clock to 0 on the first device only (because the mimo slave device will just match the time of the master.)

..\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx\examples\instr\niUSRP\niUSRP EX Rx Multiple Synchronized Inputs.vi

Message 3 of 4
(5,867 Views)

Hi all, 

After making some changes, I can now receive properly. The problem was that I had set the start trigger time to be 0. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,858 Views)