cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with two USRP

Hello,
When i use same USRP 2952R for transmitting and receiving, The BER results are
satisfactory for different SNR. However, when i use two separate USRP for
transmitting and receiving, Then BER is .5 for all SNR.

Why it is happening? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,646 Views)

Hi A87,

Can you shed some more light on the problem you are facing ? Can you please provide the details of the configuration of the USRP used for TX & RX ?

Plus if you are working with digital modulation schemes, have you ensured that you are providing the synchronization parameters for demodulation ?

If the reference pattern and the demodulated bits are even offset by a few bits, then you could observe this problem.

Some of the fundamentals of the synchronization while working with digital modulation schemes is explained in the forum post mentioned below.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-use-Generate-Synchronization-Parameters-for-PSK/td-p/1763962

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Generate-Synchronization-Parameters/td-p/2744418

Hope some of the above information is helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghunandan N V

Application Engineer

NI - India

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,627 Views)

Hi mv,

I connect the two usrp by SMA to SMA cable for PPS Trig and REF.

And for synchronization, i am using preamble which is PN sequence.

When the received signal is correlate with this preamble, i get peak so that i confirm that actual data is received.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,598 Views)

Unfortunately daisy chaining 294x/295x USRPs is not supported. I feel this might be the root cause of your problem. Are you doing anything else to ensure your USRPs are synchronized (besdies the cable wiring)?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,589 Views)

No, I did only cable wiring.

is there any other option?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,580 Views)

A87,

The best way to synchronize multiple USRP RIOs is to use an CDA-2990. This will let you distribute one external clock from a timing card to multiple USRP RIOs, or to generate a clock in the CDA-2990 and feed that clock to the USRP RIOs. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,576 Views)

Can i do carrier phase synchronization?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,570 Views)

What level of synchronization are you talking about? If two USRP RIOs share the same 10 MHz and PPS reference signals, they will have phase coherence,  but not phase alignment. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,564 Views)

Hi, When i use Labview example of a QPSK i get proper constellatation without any synchronization.

For more clarity, i attached note and some gvi file 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,519 Views)

Hi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,518 Views)