USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in conection between usrp 2943R and laptop using ethernet cable

I have problem with usrp 2943R. NI-usrp utily wont recognize my device but pinging my device to 192.168.10.2 gives result. Also Link LED is flashing in red after ping is done.  Do i have to update firmware and fpga image. If i have to update witch images to use. Labwiev too doesnt recognize device. If you can tell which drivers should i use and which Labwiev. Usrp is straight out of factory i didnt chage anything. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,002 Views)

Hello,

It sounds like you're using the NI-USRP driver?  If so, you should be good to go on software.  The only suggestion I would have is to make sure that you get the newest version which supports the development environment you're planning to use.

If the USRP shows up in NI MAX, try to update the bitfile from there by right-clicking.  You should be using the usrp_x310_fpga_HG image found at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-USRP\images if using 1G ethernet.  The default IPs can be found here:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019RAPSA2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,954 Views)

Can NI max recognize device even if i use ethernet(1GB) cable not pci-express. And if not what to use as firmware image when using update with utilly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,930 Views)

The USRP will not show up in MAX when connected over ethernet.  In the USRP Configuration Utility, you should see that the firmware option choice is greyed out and you can only select an FPGA image.

Jon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,920 Views)

but usrp utily does not recognize usrp 2943

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,911 Views)

You should have more luck with the PCIe/PXIe connection.  My recommendation is to connect over PCIe, update the FPGA image to the image discussed, then try to connect to the device over ethernet.

Remember that it will be necessary to change your PC's ethernet adapter configuration to a static IP address on the same subnet as the USRP in order for it to show up in the utility.

Jon F.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,889 Views)