USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about the version of firmware and FPGA

Hi, Everyone,

I have met some trouble with the gnuradio on my computer when I was configuring the UHD with my USRP 2920. After that, I rewrote the image files of NI USRP 1.0 version again. But when executing the examples VIs, the USRP returned an error saying that the local oscillator did not lock within the allotted time. Then I noticed that, the FPGA and firmware file in USRP 1.0 are corresponding to USRP N210, so I updated it to USRP 1.1 and rewrote the image files. However the problem still exists. 

The problem is that, will it make any damage to USRP hardware to write firmware and FPGA images for a different version to it? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,907 Views)

Hi feiyu2009,

No, writing different versions of the FW and FPGA to the USRP will not damage the board.  They are intended to be updated by the user as new version become available.  There is a tool that comes with UHD and a tool that comes with NI-USRP to do this.  You mentioned that you ran into issues with GNURadio and UHD.  What error are you getting with that driver?  Is it a similar error as you see with NI-USRP?  

We recently released NI-USRP 1.2, and that is the version that I would recommend using.  Also, a 2920 has an N210 rev 4 in it, so using N210 rev 4 compatible images will work.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,898 Views)

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your help. The problem happened when I was using GNUradio and UHD is related to wxpython widget. I guess it has nothing to do with USRP because when I use the noise source block instead of USRP, the problem remains. 

Yes, I have tried USRP 1.2 and unfortunately, the problem still exists.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,885 Views)

I am facing this problem with NI USRP 2920 with WBX, i am tuing the LO frequency in 25 Mhz both side of central frequency like in example ( niUSRP EX Fine-Tune LO Frequency). initially USRP works ok but when i restart the usrp and same vi with no change the error comes up niUSRP Initiate.vi<ERR>The local oscillator did not lock within the alloted time.   

Thanks

Junaid

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,651 Views)

hello,i am having the same question as yours.

has your problem been settled???

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,530 Views)