USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USRP 2943R driver issue

Hello, 

I'm new to NI Labview environment and trying to setting things up.

Recently, I purchased 2943R device and setting up with thunderbolt 3 interface by referencing the document "NI-USRP RIO with Thunderbolt 3".

After installing clean windows 10 and Labview 2020 SP1 and NI-USRP via NI Package Manager,

The device manager says that the driver digital signature cannot be found. (Sorry for korean language in the screenshot).

The windows USB error code is 52, as depicted in the screenshot.

I attached the error detail in windows log as below.
(I translated to english by myself, so the log would be slightly different with genuine english windows.)

================================================================

There is a problem to start device "PCI\VEN_1093&DEV_C4C4&SUBSYS_785D1093&REV_00\a&2849c734&0&00080008000800D8"

Driver Name: oem35.inf
Class GUID: {c7110f75-8354-442e-8ee8-24556dc68714}
Service: niusrpriok
Problem: 0x34

================================================================

Since the driver has issue, the Labview and NXG cannot recognize the product as well.

The initially installed NI-USRP version is the 20.5, and Labview 2020 SP1 and NXG 5.1 are installed as well.

I suspected that some version compatibility and tried to version down NI-USRP to 20.0, then the driver issue is gone in the Windows Device Manager.

(Also, it seems normal in the NI MAX program)

However, the Labview 2020 SP1 prints error that it cannot initialize RIO session, while NXG prints error that dependancy cannot be found.

I tried to search out the NI forum, however, I didn't found any similar case with me.

I need any suggestions or solutions to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,743 Views)

[SOLVED] 

At first, I installed latest Labview via NI-provided USB media without checking versions, however, it was wrong choice.

I succeeded to run USRP example after down-grading all labview products and disabling and enabling in windows device manager after connection.

(Because currently 2943R is supported only by labview 2020 and NXG 5.0, not SP1 and 5.1)

Even if the workaround for bitfile fail is mentioned in the referenced document, it was essential to let USRP be functional in my case.

I leave some details for who may need any related information.

S/W Environment: Labview 2020 (not SP1), NXG 5.0, NI-USRP 20.0, Windows 10 (Kernel DMA disabled)

H/W Environment: ASUS UX582 Laptop, NI-USRP 2943R via PCIe (Sonnet Echo Express SE I TB3)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,699 Views)

Hi,

We also facing the same driver issue with NI USRP 2943R.

We tried the following.

1. LabVIEW 2021 (32 bit ) with USRP driver 20.5 

2. LabVIEW 2020 SP1 (32 bit) with USRP driver 20.0.1

3. LabVIEW 2020 (32 bit) with USRP driver 20.0.1

Still we are facing the same driver issue. PCIe-8371 was detected. But USRP was not detected in the NI MAX & USRP Configuration utility.

The windows version is Windows 10 with 20H2 update.

Could you please share your windows verion and LabVIEW versions with bitness. So that we will try with same onfiguration.

Thanking you.

with regards,

Rajasekaran 

Thanks & Regards,
Rajasekaran V
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,634 Views)

i have exactly the same issue. Do you remember how did you solve this problem? there are no driver issues with pcie 8371 as the device manager is giving no missing drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,059 Views)

How I solved the problem was described in my previous comment.

In my case, downgrading labview versions was solution for me.

Checking compatibility of 2943R with labview versions would help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,053 Views)

sorry for late response.

In my case, the windows was 64 bit and labview was 32 bit, which is identical with your 3rd option.

I don't remember specific windows version at that time.

Did you solve the problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,036 Views)

but the issue is that hardware should appear in the device manager even without compatibility. or not necessary?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,046 Views)