USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USRP 2901 Channel Estimation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am a new user of LabView and USRPs in general, so please forgive me if this question seems obvious.

For the Tx and Rx Continuous examples provided with the NI USRP driver (e.g., Tx/Rx Continuous Async), is channel estimation already implemented in the VI? Is the resulting received signal in the Rx Continuous front panel just the pure received signal, or is it after channel estimation and other corrections have been conducted?

If the latter is true, is there a way to view this channel estimation, or is it done at a subVI level away from the user's ability to observe? Is there a way to disable it so that I can implement my own channel estimation?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,390 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rchang8

If you mean estimating the over-the-air channel between Tx and Rx (attenuation, phase change, multi-path effects, etc.), then: No, the examples do not do this.

There is some IQ imbalance correction built in to the RF front end chip, but I don't think that's what you mean.  You can implement your own channel estimation and correction in LabVIEW.

Message 2 of 3
(2,327 Views)

Ah, that's good to hear. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,314 Views)