From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N210_bpsk_modulation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am a new user of USRP N210 and trying to run the example (PSK TX) from the lab view communication system design suite 2.0 in order to transmit BPSK modulated signal and receive it back just for my research purpose. I keep on getting below attached error. Can someone please help? Is it just the issue of my entered values or any other error?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,484 Views)

Hi Ktim,

Do you know what daughterboards you have in your USRP N210?  This is going to determine whether your current channel values are correct.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,420 Views)

Hi Luke,

I resolved that problem. I have a new question. I am supposed to produce a BPSK signal covering TV channel 3 (174-180 MHz) and channel 11 (198-204 MHz). I am using daughter board (SBX) in N210 usrp. Can you suggest the type of antenna I can use for my transceiver and receiver?

Thanks,

Ktim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,401 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ktim

Hi Ktim,

I looked through all the antennas that Ettus sells and unfortunately, none of them match the frequency ranges you are looking for. I would encourage you to look at 3rd party vendors for antennas in your range. Since we only have expertise in our own products, I cannot make any specific recommendations on what 3rd party antennas to get. You can always reach out to the other antenna vendors for advice in that area. 

One thing to watch out for is that the antenna should have a SMA connector so it can interface with your USRP front end. 

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,380 Views)