USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to keep an RX session open even when the VI is closed ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm using an NI-USRP 2900 with LabVIEW and I wanted to know how sessions worked. Is it possible to run a VI that will open the RX session then run another VI that will use that session in order to Fetch RX data. I tried it but it doesn't recognize the session handle.

Thanks,

Joram

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,056 Views)

Yeah for sure.

The USRP VIs themselves open send and receive open sessions.

Just remember to always close an open session otherwise you have issues.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,049 Views)

Thanks for the quick answer.

I tried but it doesn't work. For instance what I want to do is run a VI that does this :

Capture.PNG

Then another one that does this :

Capture.PNG

But not inside another VI. Both shall run once and separately. The first one will run, end, then I would run the second one using the session handle.

Thanks,

Joram

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,045 Views)

Ahh now I understand what you are trying to do.

Not sure why you would run it like that.

What is the application?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,042 Views)

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was kinda hard to explain.

Actually I want to turn the VIs into a .NET interop assembly and use them as actions in testexec SL, and since I want to be able to acquire when I want without waiting for the session to open, I need to separate the Init and Config from the acquisition. The main problem is that "Open RX session" is way too long and stop me from running the VI quickly multiple times.

Thanks,

Joram

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,040 Views)

Unfortunately I haven't dealt with .net interop not testexec SL.

I've found an example of RSFA session handles and .Net which should ttheoretically be the same. (Is its just an instrument handle)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Share-RFSA-Session-from-NET-to-LabVIEW-built-Interop-Assem...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,015 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joram_FC

Thank you though this isn't quite the solution.

Actually a solution that I may have found is to use a VI server in order to call a VI in background that will run a loop. By doing so the session stays open until the background VI is running. For now it isn't working but I think I'm on the right way.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,996 Views)