cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction to Communication Systems - lab examples - files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm using NI 2901 to verify the experiments in the book Introduction to Communication Systems, by Bruce A. Black .

The problem is that I couldn't find the experiment VI files referred in the book. At the beginning of the book it says download the files from link below,

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52344/en/

but nothing is there except the pdf of the book.

Where can I find the VI files for the experiments?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,114 Views)

Hi hbbeytur,

We're having a bit of trouble with that link and hope to get it rebuilt. Sorry for the inconvenience. In the meantime we can get you the materials by calling into your local branch.

Which university are you based at?

Are you an educator delivering the course or a student sitting the course?

Thanks,

Rhys

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,107 Views)

Hi Rhys,

Yes, I am a teaching assistant of an electrical engineering course in Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. For the course, we are currently preparing lab based exercises. There is a possibility that we may use USRP-2901 (we own two 2901 currently). We may also adapt some examples from the manual "Introduction to Communications Systems" of Bruce A. Black. We will be pleased if we can obtain the Labview program files related to the experiments in the Black's manual as soon as possible.

Thank you for your timely support.

H. Burhan Beytur

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,092 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hbbeytur

Hi Hbbeytur,

The branch contact info for Turkey is 

Phone

Office Number: +90-212-279-3031

Email:

Email: ni.turkey@ni.com                        

They should be able to hook you up with the content.

All the best!

Message 4 of 6
(5,064 Views)

Hello,

I'm also using the same book but the problem is that the files are ''.gvi'' instead of ''.vi'' and I can't open them with my Labview version (2014). Can anyone tell me how to open ''.gvi'' files ? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,541 Views)

Hi galleyket:

VI files are used by LabVIEW while GVI files are used by the LabVIEW Communication System Design Suite which is a separate software application. You can view more information about it here:    http://www.ni.com/labview-communications/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,536 Views)