USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't connect the USRP2 with my computer.

Hello,

Can you please run the niUSRP EX Rx Continuous Async.vi example program and see if the example fails at 5MS/s?  You might be able to squeeze a little more performance also if you disable the "Allow debugging" checkbox in the VI Properties under the Execution category

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 40
(3,768 Views)

Hello,

The example "niUSRP EX Rx Continuous Async.vi" fails to 5MS / s, it fails even to 3MS / s. However it runs to 2MS / s.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 40
(3,762 Views)

Hello Yann,

Due to the fact that the example is failing at 5 and 3 MS/s I would suspect the connections to the computer or the ethernet card itself.

Are you running a lot of programs in the background while communicating with the USRP? Are any programs downloading data from the internet?

Does the computer have a network card dedicated for communication with the USRP?

How is the USRP connected to the computer? Through a switch or a direct connection?

Are you using static or dynamic (DHCP) IP addressing?

What is the model of your Dell computer?

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 40
(3,754 Views)

Hi Anthony, 

In order to have a few processes in parallel with Labview, I optimized windows. My attachment showcase processes in parallel with the program during execution. My laptop is not connected to the internet, it is connected to the USRP by a gigabit ethernet connection (direct connection). Also, my PC has a static IP address. 

Finally the network card of my laptop is: "Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet Network Connection"

I don't known if my network card is compatible with the USRP. How do I know?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40
(3,750 Views)

Excuse me,

Enclosed my attachment

Thanks

Yann.G

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 40
(3,748 Views)

Hello Yann,

Thanks for the information.

Since the USRP is an ethernet device there shouldn't be any compatibility problems with the network adapter in your laptop.

Usually on the bottom right corner of your screen (system tray icons) you can change the power options of the laptop to "high performance" If you don't have a power icon you can go to  Control Panel » System and Security » Power Options and select High Performance.

Your antivirus software may also be intercepting network traffic for viruses. I would try disabling the network protection part of the antivirus software and run the example program again.

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 40
(3,734 Views)

Hi,

I already changed this parameter, but my problem persist.

I try to have IQ rate = 20MS/s. However, my system goes into overflow. The overflow neaver happens at the same time.

Yet, I've already made several changes, I disable the windows firewall, disabled my antivirus, and also put my power option in high-performance.

Also, size of buffer reception = 2048

Also, size of buffer reception = 2048

I don't understand, why my problem persist.

Thanks

Yan.G

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 40
(3,729 Views)

HI,ErikL

first flash the firmware of the USRP2,

Use the NI USRP Configuraiton Utility found under Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-USRP >> NI-USRP Configuraiton Utility

1. Run the utility

2. Insert the memory card into your computer

3. Flash the card

4. Place the Flash card back in the USRP2

5. Plug it in

Everything is ok. and I CAN find the USRP2

BUT, yesterday when I run the program 2x2QAMAlamouti with BER ,I fogot it after I changed the ip address of a usrp2, then I CANNOT FIND the USRP2 by NI-USRP Configuraiton Utility!

I tried to change the PC's ip address about hundreds times to find usrp2,but it did't work!

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 40
(3,604 Views)
Hi
I'm working on usrp2920 ..
Yesterday it was working with all configuration (Tx & RX ) but today it's not working ( just F led is on )
And I can't find it on usrp configuration utility . I re-configure the computer but there is no response . It seems like a dead device .. Help plz 😞
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40
(2,469 Views)

2. Insert the memory card into your computer

3. Flash the card

4. Place the Flash card back in the USRP2

5. Plug it in

what is the memory card we need to use here..

i didn't get this step2.

Can you expalin me step2 in detail plz...

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 40
(2,013 Views)