From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GNU radio and LabVIEW simultaneously on USRP 2920

I also need to use GNUradio on USRP 2920 on Linux. Can I use LabVIEW(on windows) and GNU radio(on Linux) on USRP 2920 simultaneously using the same FW/FPGA ??

Or do I need a separate USRP 2920 with different FW/FPGA for that ?

I am using LabVIEW on 2920 on Windows but I wish to use GnuRadio on 2920 on Linux as well. Any guidance on how to do that would be appreciated.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,509 Views)

Hello,

The 1.2 version of NI-USRP is built off of UHD version 003.004.004. This means that if you want to use GNU Radio on a Linux box and not have to change the FW/FPGA back and forth between the two, you need to use UHD 003.004.004.

If you would like to use a newer version of UHD on Linux with GNURadio, you will need to update/change the firmware and FPGA images each time you switch which driver you are using.

Please let me know if that helps. Thannks

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,450 Views)

thanks a lot for such valuable information . but what i had understood from your comment is that is available to use USRP 2920 over GNUradio without need to change the firmware with conditions you had mentioned , and i have the same inquiry but about USRP 2944 RIO is it has the same feature ? and if i have to change the firmware version what about rollback to original NI firmware version for both 2920 and 2944?

5G Researcher
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,061 Views)