From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to Connect USRP 2920 to My PC

Hello all,

Maybe this is a basic question but I've been searching for the solution for a long time. Thanks in advance for helping me. Here is my situation:

I'm using one laptop connection method to connect two USRP 2920 with MIMO cable. When I plug ethernet cable into my laptop, no LED light of the ethernet port on USRP is on.

Methods I tried:

• removed and connected the ethernet cable again for several times -- didn't work
  • removed and connected the power supply cables for several times -- didn't work
  • used command "uhd_find_devices" in Terminal to check the hardware connection, turned out "No UHD Devices Found"
  • tried command "ifconfig" in Terminal but it didn't show the ethernet connection
  • tried couple of ethernet configuration commands in Terminal -- didn't work

Previous work I did:

• Successfully burned firmware and FPGA images into both USRPs
  • Connect to another laptop with Ubuntu 12.04 OS, it can successfully recognized; however, I have to use my laptop to finish the project.

My question is: is it an USRP problem or my OS ethernet setting up problem? if it is my OS problem, how to solve it?

My system info:

• Using latest GNU Radio
  • Two USRP 2920s connected by MIMO cable

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,895 Views)

Hi bsun003,

LabVIEW is the only language supported by NI for the 2920, so there aren't very many people on these forums familiar with GNU Radio. I reccomend contacting Ettus support. They can point you to resources that will help with open source tools. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,875 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the advice. I'll contact them.

Best regards,

Bojun

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,867 Views)