USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ettus USRP B200 is not detected by the NI-USRP Configuration Utility

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to use the Ettus USRP B200 with Labview or  LabView Communication System Design but the NI-USRP Configuration Utility doesn't detect the device, I click refresh several times and nothing, I already did this: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019UKXSA2&l=en-US and still can't be able to see it

So far, I could say that is not a driver problem since my computer already detects the board, I can say this because: 

1. I have already installed the UHD drivers on Windows 10, I also installed gnu radio on Windows and actually I'm able to run a FM receiver with gnuradio and the Ettus B200 on Windows

Device ManagerDevice Manager

2. The windows device manager detects correctly my Ettus B200 and actually I'm able to run the "uhd_find_devices.exe" that is installed together with NI-USRP

command.JPG

3. I have connected the board to an USB 3.0 port and I can confirm this with the "uhd_ursp_probe.exe" that is installed with the UHD packcage

I also tried with USB 2.0 and the same result

uhd_usrp_probe.exeuhd_usrp_probe.exe

I have installed: 

1. Windows 10

2. LabView 2017 64bits

3. LabView Comunications System Design Suite 3.1

4. NI-USRP 19.1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,929 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aramir13

I downgraded the NI-USRP version from 19.1 to 19.0 and that solved the problem. Maybe there is some bug or the 19.1 version stopped supporting the ettus devices. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,888 Views)

@aramir13,

I'm facing the same issue in detecting B210 in Labview 2020. I started downgrading NI-USRP driver from 20.5-->20.0-->19.5-->19.0. 

But none of them have supporting in detection through configuration utility.

How can I solve this?

thumbnail_image.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,345 Views)

Hi,

Your problems is that the URSP is not even being detected by the Windows device manager, did you already installed  UHD drivers and GNU radio on Windows? 

If not try that first so the device manager can detect your device

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,329 Views)

Hi there.

I am having similar troubles with the NI 2901.

At first, I downloaded LABView and NI-USRP, and could successfully rename my device and use it in some of the learning modules in LABView. I then decided to work with GNURadio since I could only use a trial version of LABView.

I think I might have removed LabVIEW then to free up space on my computer. 

I then learned about the whole flash FGPA image to a ettus comparable process (for GNURadio).

The problem is my device stopped showing up on the Configuration utility before I could attempt to upload an image.

I have since repaired, removed and reinstalled just about everything, via the NI Package manager.

At this stage my device still does not show up.

It is displayd as a device on my computer through the control panel.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Should I remove GNUradio from the computer?

Is it perhaps an error of the order in which certain programs were downloaded to the computer?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,047 Views)