USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does enyone know where i can find driver's for NI USPR 2920?

hi to all.

Does enyone know where i can find or get drivers for NI USPR 2920? Drivers wasn't come with the device...

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(7,603 Views)

Hello Pixus,

All National Instruments drivers can be found at http://www.ni.com/downloads/drivers/ including drivers for the USRP if you search for NI-USRP.  At the current moment, the most recent version is 1.1

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(7,602 Views)

Hello Anthony,

thank you for fast reply.

I already have those drivers, but with them I can't connect my USRP device with PC, so I thought there is some driver that

I don't have. Like some installation drivers or sometime like that. Does exist something like that?

Thanks,

Pixus

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(7,597 Views)

Hi Anthony,

do you know how to connect USRP device with PC, if I done everything that was written in User manuals?

Is there any possibility to change IP address of USPR device, if USRP utilities does not see the device?

Thanks,

Pixus

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(7,588 Views)

Hello, for the USRP 2920 and 2921 the only driver needed will be the NI-USRP driver.

From your other posts, here is what I gathered:

• Ethernet port was set to statis IP
  • ethernet controller supports Gb
  • USRP utilities does not detect the device
  • D and F are green ,in bothom right corner of ABCDEF lights.
  • at gb ethernet port  is green non-stop

The green light on the ethernet port is a good indicator, it means that the ethernet port is enabled and gigabit is supported by your network interface

Light D means the firmware was loaded.

Light F means the unit is powered on.

Light E should also be on to indicate a reference signal for the local oscillator

1. What was the static IP address that you set for your network interface card?
  2. What was the subnet mask you set for your network interface card?
    • If the network interface card is not on the same subnet then the USRP configuration utility will not find your USRP
Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(7,587 Views)

Hi,

everything you wrote is correct.

Static IP that I was set is 192.168.10.1, and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.

the default IP of the USRP device should be 192.168.10.2.

Maybe the IP address of the device was changed in the past, so maybe the subnet masks isn't the same. 

Is there any way to reset IP address of the device to default IP address?

Thanks,

Pixus

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(7,582 Views)

You can reset the IP address by following this post here: How can I reset the USRP IP address to the default 192.168.10.2?

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(7,579 Views)

Antony,

if I open enclosure of the device, and push the safe mode button to reset IP address, how can I go back in operational mode

when I change IP address to default value? 

What if I do something wrong and damage the device?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(7,575 Views)

Anthony, 

there is 2 push up buttons, and both are the same. Wich ona should i push? Do you have any electrical scheme of ihe device?

thanks,

Pixus

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(7,574 Views)

Hello -

I have 2 recommendations:

1. If someone else used the USRP or attempted to change the IP address they could have placed it on a different subnet.

(default of the USRP is 192.168.10.2)

2. The ethernet controller is not actually a gigibit controller

I recommend the first thing you try is installing the NI-USRP driver on another computer with gigibit support (LabVIEW is not needed for the utility).  This will quickly eliminate or confirm several possiblities.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(7,570 Views)