From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covert .lvbitx to .bit file

Dear All,

I am trying tto configure the USRP RIO FPGA via JTAG interface by using Digilent software. The FPGA bitfile I want to use is niUsrpRio200XcvrTime.lvbitx. I notice that the Digilent software only recognise .bit file rather than .lvbits.

I am writing to ask who has tried to convert .lvbitx to .bit file. 

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Bo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,871 Views)

Hello Bo,

Underneath your FPGA target, right click on the Build Specifications and create a new Compilation.

The the Information tab, where the Bitfile name is located, change the ".lvbitx" file extension to ".bit" and then compile.

It should appear in the specified folder as a .bit file now.

Thanks,
Sas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,830 Views)

Hi Sas,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your method last week. The answer is partially right.

Yes, a .bit file can be generated in this way. However, I checked the contents of the .bit file generate in this way, it is exactly the same as the .lvbitx file.

Also, Digilent software cannot program FPGA with the .bit generated in above method. Digilent only OK with the .bit generated in normal method

Cheers,

Bo 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,828 Views)

Hello Bo,

Unfortunately this is the only known method of converting the .lvbitx file to .bit file in LabVIEW.

Thanks,
Sas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,824 Views)

Thank you, Sas. I will look for other solutions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,813 Views)