From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting an X310+TwinRX to a USRP-2955

Hello,

I'm currently working with an X310 with two TwinRX daughterboards installed and would like to use it as a USRP-2955. I've run through the instructions from https://kb.ettus.com/Converting_an_X310_into_an_NI-USRP_Rio and power cycled all the devices, but I still seem to be having trouble getting the "Simple NI-USRP Streaming 2945 2955" project to run. I run into the error: Error 61206 occured at Read/Write Control in COnfigure Frequency Shift ... LabVIEW FPGA: The configured item does not exist."

In the NI-USRP Configuration Utility, the device shows up as "X310/TwinRX Rev A/Unknown/rev8". Do I need to run some other kind of conversion to have it appear as a USRP-2955, or should it still work with the streaming project? Does the "Unknown" signify there is a problem with the second daughterboard, or is that a placeholder from some other device information?

I have NI USRP 17.1 installed and am using LabVIEW 2016. I have no problems running projects with a USRP-2942, so I assume this is a hardware conversion problem with the X310+TwinRX. I have also created very basic FPGA test compiles using only the 40 MHz clock domain without the register bus controls/indicators/subVIs, and these bitfiles run just fine. It seems to problem comes from trying to access a configuration of the daughterboards.

I appreciate any help, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,421 Views)

I've noticed while running the Stream project that the "product name" read out from getDeviceInfoFromScs.vi is "Ettus USRP x310" which was causing the wrong bitfile to be loaded, and thus causing the error while running. After forcing the correct bitfile to load, the streaming project runs without any issues. This works as a temporary fix, but does not solve the actual issue of getting the device to appear as USRP-2955.

Is the product name stored in the EEPROM, and if so, what is the method for properly configuring it as a USRP-2955? I would have thought the "Initialize Flash.vi" performed this task.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,368 Views)

my x310 has the same issue, do you have any update?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,429 Views)