USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring USRP B200 as a signal generator

Hey all. I'm new to the community, so please let me know if anything that I say / do violates forum policy (don't think so, but I'd appreciate general advice).

I don't have much of a background in Ettus products specifically. I bought an Ettus B200, and I want to be able to feed the device a series of 128 frequencies and amplitudes, and have it output a corresponding waveform with those respective frequencies and amplitudes (i.e., A_1 cos(\omega_1 t), A_2 cos(\omega_2 t), etc.). I don't want to be continually outputing this from a computer; I want the FPGA to have these values stored in memory and output the waveform.

I'm having some issues getting started, however -- GNU Radio isn't playing nicely with Mac OS Sierra, but I'm not even sure that GNURadio is the right way to go. If you guys have any suggestions on how to proceed, I'd really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,264 Views)

NI and Ettus both sell USRP hardware (compare the B200 to the USRP-2900). However, these forums will probably not be the best place to learn about programming with GNU Radio. USRPs can also be programmed with LabVIEW and LabVIEW Communications Suite which is what most users in this forum will probably be using.

I am not certain where the best place for GNU Radio discussion would be, but I do know that Ettus hosts a few mailing lists that you might find helpful here:

https://kb.ettus.com/Mailing_Lists

As far as you application goes, you might try looking into direct digital synthesis.

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,212 Views)