USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile FPGA code without target (USRP 2940R) connected

Hi,

I have written the code of FPGA logic for NI USRP 2940R. Now I want to compile this but the target is not connected to my computer. 

Is it possible to compile the code through cloud server on my personal computer and then just move the generated bit file to the system which is connected with the target.

Regards, 

M Mahboob Ur Rehman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,983 Views)

Hi Rehman,

I believe that you already created the LabVIEW project for USRP 2940R.

On the project explorer, you can create the FPGA target for USRP 2940R. Please refer to the following link:

Simulate FPGA Targets Using the Project Explorer with LabVIEW

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,969 Views)

Hey Chan82,

Yes, I had already created the project for NI USRP 2940R and added USRP 2940R as fpga target.

Actually the hardware is installed in the field and it is required to recompile the FPGA code. But I don't have access of internet there, so I wanted to compile the FPGA logic through cloud server using my personal computer and then just copy the generated bit file to host system, which is connected with USRP 2940R  in the field. 

I hope now my problem is clear to you. 

Regards,

M Mahboob Ur Rehman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,961 Views)

Hi Rehmman,

I understand what you want.

From the method I introduced, you can create FPGA bit file locally without the USRP 2940R. You can do this with a virtual RIO target (USRP).

Did you try to compile your project?

After compiling your code at the local machine (your personal computer), the bit file will be generated.

Please check the property of the build specification on your project explorer to check the path of the generated bit file.

To check it, you can create the simple FPGA code with a temporal target RIO machine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,954 Views)

Thanks Chan82,

I remember the last time when I compiled the code, bit file was generated successfully. But when I transferred the bit file to host system which is connected with the USRP, I was unable to run the Host VI due to some error about target.

Let me try once again and will let you know about any errors.

Regards, 

M Mahboob Ur Rehman

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,950 Views)