From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPSK receiving bits problem using USRP 2920

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

We have made a BPSK transmitter that is transmitting bits. It is working OK and the constellation diagram is correct.
For receiving and extraction of these bits at the receiving USRP we used an OFDM receiver. The problem is that the receiver is not giving the exact bits that were transmitted. How can we get the exact bits at the receiver that were transmitted from the transmitter?

We are using 2 USRP 2920 with 2 host PC's.

We are not using the PSK receiver in the example since it does not regenerate the bits at the receiver.  

for example if i am transmitting 1 0 1 0 1 from the transmitter i need a receiver that is able to extract/regenerate these exact bits.

Attached are the OFDM receiver and BPSK Transmitter.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,539 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nauman_malik1112

Hello,

If you take a look at the 'niUSRP EX PSK Rx.vi' shipping example, you'll see that you can recover the bit stream.  The 'MT Demodulate PSK.vi' has an 'output bit stream' output, it just isn't wired to anything.  Create an indicator and check the results using this example.

Jon

Applications Engineer

NI

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,500 Views)

Hello.
Thank you for your reply. I did what you said and now I am not receiving correct bits at the receiver. Is there any way I can receive correct bits at the receiver.
I have attached a screenshot of what bits I am transmitting and receiving. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,490 Views)

Hello,

Could you post another screenshot showing both the Tx and Rx front panels so that I can see the settings for both?  Are these USRPs cabled or are you using an antenna?  If using an antenna, check with a cabled connection to verify that you get the correct bits.  Also, is this only happening at specific frequencies or with specific settings?  Have you been able to configure the USRPs to get the correct bits with different settings?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,476 Views)