From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Repeat reQuest

Hey, I am now working on a project that comparing the efficiency of three ARQs (stop-and -wait, go-back-N and selective repeat) under different conditions. Now I have four usrp2 and PXI. Is there any vi that I can take as an example since I got nothing useful after I searched ARQ at ni.com. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,620 Views)
Hello,

I don't know of any pre-written LabVIEW example code specifically for ARQ. My understanding is that ARQ would be a feature of a MAC layer sitting on top of a PHY layer implementation. What protocol or PHY are you working with? There may be at least a starting point that can get you from RF waveforms to bits. It sounds like you're planning to implement two-way communication.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,619 Views)

My teacher didn't mention the specific PHY layer that we should use. In that case, 802.11, 802.15.4 or so would all be OK.  When I was working on NS2, the example code would include not only PHY or MAC layer's name but ARQ mode as well. To implement it on hardware, I start learing  labview and usrp. The most common condition would be one node sending message and another receiving it. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,617 Views)