This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Namespaces Diagram

NamedElement uses Namespaces (Namespace is actually derived from the class introduced in abstractions::constraints) and Visibilities. In addition there are new classes to facilitate an import from other packages.

namespaces diagram.png

PackagableElement is just a new class for the type. Nothing is added to the namedElement.

The new class ElementImport is a directionalRelationship from the namespace (subsets source) to a packagableElement (subsets target). The new class PackageImport is equivalent with a complete package as target. It imports all Elements of a package  that are not already imported via Element import.

Only elements with public or empty visibility may be imported. The visibility in the ElementImport or PackageImport may be  public (keyword <<import>>) or private (keyword <<access>>).

If an alias is used in the elementImport, this replaces the name of the element in the importing namespace. The namespace can access all imported elements via importedMember in the same way as ownedMembers, that is without a  qualified name (example: if imported, the element can be called as 'String' instead of 'Types:Smiley Frustratedtring').

Summary: The importing just allows to acces the elements by the name instead of the qualifiedName, as if they were in the same package. A visibility of public allows to refer to them by the importing namespace instead of the owning namespace.

LabVIEW: I havn't explored the options of .lvlib deep enough to comment on this.If you have insights on this, please use the comment function to share them.

www.aescusoft.de
My latest community nugget on producer/consumer design
My current blog: A journey through uml
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,411 Views)
1 REPLY

Re: Namespaces Diagram

There is a idea published related to ElementImport/PackageImport on the Idea Exchange.

www.aescusoft.de
My latest community nugget on producer/consumer design
My current blog: A journey through uml
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(658 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.