This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Class Diagram IV: Properties again

As mentioned in my last post, I'm again discussing the Property metaclass with the insights gained from the discussion of the Operation metaclass.

I've already covered other observations about the Property metaclass in a recent post.

Class_Property.png

Relationship Class-Property:
In contrast to Operation, there is an additional association between Property and Classifier: Classifier::attribute {subsets feature}.
Other than Operations, other types of Classifier (Associations) can have Properties.

Redefinition:

The model elements related to redefinition are marked in blue.
It's almost identical to the redefinition of an operation, except that the redefinitionContext is a Classifier instead of the Class. This alows redefining properties that are owned by Associations.

Subsetting:

The model elements related to redefinition are marked in green.

StructuralFeature also specializes MultiplicityElement, so a property is also a collection.
Also I havn't found this in the specs, subsetting should imply that the collection is unique.
Properties that should be subsetted, can be marked as derivedUnion. This implies that they are derived and hence also ReadOnly.
Other than when redefining a Property: (citation from the specs) A Property cannot be subset by a Property with the same name

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,015 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.