UKTAG – UK Test Automation Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKTAG Meeting 5

This was held on 28 Aug 2020. See our YouTube Channel for all the videos.

Presentation slides are below.

Agenda:

Time

Topic

Abstract

Presented by

BST: 13:00 – 13:10

CT: 7:00 - 7:10

Welcome and Introduction

BST: 13:15 – 13:55

CT: 7:15 - 7:55

TestStand Deployments Presentation | Video This presentation focuses on traditional and package based deployment options in TestStand. Sam Roundy, (CLA, CTA, LabVIEW Champion) - Testeract 

BST: 14.00 – 14:40

CT: 8:00 - 8:40

UI/UX Fundamentals
for LabVIEW Presentation | Video
Bad design is everywhere. Have you ever used software that was so confusing or frustrating to work with that your whole day was worse as a result? Have you ever felt the violent desire to rip out your eyes after seeing a jarring color combination? Join Danielle Jobe from VI Technologies to learn the practical fundamentals of UI & UX design and how to apply them to your LabVIEW application so that your users find the invisible bliss of a good design.

Danielle Jobe, CLA
VI Technologies

BST: 14:40 – 14:55

CT: 8:40 - 8:55

Break

BST: 15:00 – 15:40

CT: 9:00 - 9:40

LabVIEW Dependency Redemption Presentation | Video LabVIEW stinks at managing dependencies, but this does not mean developers must always struggle. The team at Composed Systems manages a large volume of open-source and proprietary source code that is shared among projects and customers. Two package managers (VIPM, GPM) and several years in, we finally understand what we need out of a package manager. Ethan Stern, partner at Composed Systems, will describe the code-sharing challenges faced by Composed Systems' development teams, our current solutions to managing packages across projects, and our plans for better package management in the near future.

Ethen Stern, CLA, Composed Systems, LLC

BST: 15:45 – 16:25

CT: 9:45 - 10:25

Personalizing NI TestStand with Custom Step Types Presentation | Video This presentation will provide a quick intro to TestStand custom step types, why and when you might need a custom step type, example applications of custom step types, and guidelines and tips to make the most of your custom step type.

Jim Kostinden, CLD, CTA

Grant Gothing, CLA, CTA

Bloomy Controls

BST: 16:30 – 17:00

CT: 10:30 - 11:00

Continuous Integration using Atassian toolchain Presentation | Video

An overview of integrating TestStand and LabVIEW into a Automated Build/Continuous Integration build environment using the Atlassian toolchain.

Recommendations, tips, benefits, and pitfalls.

David Clark, CLA, CTA

Idex Biometrics 

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,043 Views)

I've been doing a lot of work with the CEF recently, I've made a mini-test executive using CEF which I could talk through.

@Sree, I seem to remember you wanted to talk about the CEF, If you want to talk about it and I could show my project at the end just as an example (just a 5 or 10-minute walkthrough).

Message 2 of 3
(4,029 Views)

hello all, i am waiting to be admitted to the Teams meeting

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,461 Views)