UKTAG – UK Test Automation Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand | Automatically creating local variables in main sequence while creating a parameter in sub sequence

Hello All,

I am adding a variable as parameter in my subsequence and the same variable should automatically get created in the main sequence as local variable with the same variable name and type.

Is this possible ?

Could anyone please let me know how to do the same.

Thanks in advance 

Sricharan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,591 Views)

@prsricharan wrote:

Hello All,

I am adding a variable as parameter in my subsequence and the same variable should automatically get created in

[...]

Thanks in advance 

Sricharan

Could you please rephrase your question?  Are you trying to dynamically add a new parameter to a subsequence based on a variable? Or are you trying to assign a variable to a parameter?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,566 Views)

In the Step Settings for the SequenceCall, when you enter a locals in the value of the Parameter and it doesn't exist you can right-mouse click, you get the option to create that locals within that sequence.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 3 of 5
(2,536 Views)

Hi Oli_Wachno,

Let me explain my question.

1.I have a main sequence and Subsequence in a single sequence File.

2.I am creating a parameters in Subsequence to pass data from Main Sequence.

In Main sequence while am calling the subsequence via seq call step type, the variables defined as parameters in the subsequence should be automatically created as local variable in variables pane of Main sequence(with same name and data type).

Please note: I am not trying to add parameters dynamically.(Executing Phase)

Am asking for sequence editor (Development Phase)

I hope this helps

Thanks 

Sricharan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,530 Views)

Hi Sricharan,

sorry, I don't think, there is a built-in possibility in the SequenceEditor to "create a local variable from subsequene parameter".

But you could go with what Ray has suggested in order to safe a bit of time.

Best Regards

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,515 Views)