I finally had time this afternoon to post a back burner project I've been working on on and off (mostly off) for a couple of months. Some things are still rough around the edges but rather than wait for it to be perfect I figured I'd put it out there just in case someone finds it useful. Hopefully I'll find time to continue to work on it.
My goal was to create an application in LabVIEW that looks and feels like a Windows 8 style application. I also hoped to build such an application on top of the Actor Framework in such a way that others could use some of my base classes in their applications.
The code is attached - unzip and run "Launcher.vi" in the Win8uiDemo folder. [LabVIEW 2012 - I'm relying on Actor Framework (I used 4.1 but it should work with 4.0) so I don't plan to back-save to any previous versions.]