UI Interest Group Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TreeGraph xControl

This TreeGraph xControl is a combination of Tree and Graph which looks similar to mixed graph. This xControl is fully open source. User can populate the channel list in the tree using "Channel List" property node of the xControl (The data type is 1D array of string).

All channel data will be continuously updated in the xControl. In order to view the required channel just select the channels from the tree (Use Ctrl or Shift key for multiple selection) and drop it over the graph. You can refer the below figure.

To see the demo do the following steps.

1. Download the TreeGraph.zip

2. Extract the zip file

3. Open "TreeGraph.lvproj" and run the "TreeGraph_Demo.vi"

Note: LabVIEW 2009 or latter version required to view the source code.

Sorry for poor documentation.

Hope you will enjoy and reuse this xControl.

Share your valuable comments....

Tree Graph.JPG

Warm Regards

Samuel James

Measurement Engineer,

Certified LabVIEW Developer,

Vestas Technology R&D, Chennai, India.

Comments
Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Very nice. 

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

NJKirchner
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Nice, but if the vertical axis has no correlation to the data then you must hide it.

Another option would be to let the user select which plot trace the scale is linked to.

Elijah_K
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

I opened it in 2011 and I don't see anything on the graph when I run the example... it's blank.  I didn't spend too much time troubleshooting, but I did verify that the xControl is getting data sent to it in the Timeout case of the event structure.  I also do see the channels populate.

In general, I like the idea... just wondering why it isn't displaying data.  Maybe I'm doing something dumb... *shrugs*

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
Elijah_K
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Disregard my post... Norm just showed me that I have to drag the channels onto the graph (d'oh!). 

Very nice!

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
LabVIEW.Legend
on

This is not a final control, It is just a basic idea, User should edit it to fit according to their needs.,

Thanks for your comments

nolsqn
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

awesome work,

Just one connection, in demo you only use a random data to display. How to have fixed graph values . for example in my experiment I have 8 channels and every for ever channel I have a some values that I have already calculated via DAQ , I jsut want those constant value to be displayed when user drags the channel on to the graph.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Regards
nolsqn
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

never mind  just updated ur xcontrol with xy graph and made some changes now it works perfectly fine.

thanks once again

Regards
VandanaR
on

How do I access the index of the channels thats dragged onto the graph ?

Contributors