UI Interest Group Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Buttons - Vista Theme

Overview

This program installs a custom palette of System Button Windows Vista style System buttons.

Description

Running the attached installer will add a custom palette of buttons to your controls palette.  This palette includes small Windows Vista System icons.  After installing them to your computer, you will be able to use these icons in the front panel of any program you develop within LabVIEW.

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Extract System_Button_Vista_V1.1.zip to your hard drive

2. Open Install_Buttons.vi

3. Select the version of LabVIEW in which you would like to install the palette of buttons

4. Click Install

5. Navigate to User Controls > Vista Small in your controls palette to find the new buttons

Requirements to Run

Software

LabVIEW 2009 or later

Hardware

N/A

All Icons Used in this library are free but you can not use for commercial purpose

License - General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Regards

Prabhakant Patil

Additional Images

Vista Style System Button.PNG

Regards
Prabhakant Patil
Download All
Comments
markza
on
Note - Please do not use this library in commercial perpose.

Man, I dont think you know how many of us WISH this line wasn't attached to all your posts...

Mads
Active Participant
Active Participant
on
Prabhakant_Patil
on

I will Upload library which Can used for commertial, very soon

Regards
Prabhakant Patil
keptat
on

Is it me or the images (decal) of the buttons are distorted?

They look all shrinked, not smoothly resized.

Maybe they lost their alpha layer?

Example:

example.PNG

markza
on

Definitely distorted...

I just thought it was only the attached pic which was distorted, but even the actual button decals are a bit rough/distorted.

Prabhakant_Patil
on

Hi Markza

I have updated this Library. I have Used the Icon which are free.

Also While building this library, I have taken care in the distortion of button.

Your suggetions are always Welcome

- Prabhakant

Regards
Prabhakant Patil
Prabhakant_Patil
on

Hi

I have updated this Library. I have Used the Icon which are free.

Also While building this library, I have taken care in the distortion of button.

Your suggetions are always Welcome

Regards
Prabhakant Patil
Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Prabhakant Patil,

These icons are very nice. LabVIEW lacks a large library of aesthetic controls, I'm sure the LabVIEW community will be very grateful for the effort you have expended here. Keep up the good work.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Patur
on

Hi Prabhakant

Your controls are great!! It is really cool of you to share this with the rest of the community

Thanks!

-Patur

--
Patur Sivertsen Vase
www.hfjensen.dk
markza
on

YEah for sure...they're great, thanks very much.  SO nice to have such choice, appreciate it!

Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Just as a point of note Prabhakant Patil, a lot of your icon decal images are licensed under the GPL (General Public License) as deemed by the original artists. The terms of the GPL require that you maintain the GPL conditions in your distributions, therefore you ought to link to and state the GPL in this document. Consequently, anyone who downloads and uses your controls must acknowledge and adopt the GPL license themselves. This effectively enforces their software dsitributions to be held under the same license, which isn't something my company would ever approve - therefore I can't personally use your controls.

General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

David S.
NI Employee (retired)
on

Nice catch, Thoric.

Prabhakant Patil, you may want to contact the owners of these icons and ask them for a special BSD license agreement so you can distribute them without keeping them open-source, and so you can redistribute them under the BSD license that our community likes to use.

David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
DeniseTucker
on

These are very nice and there are so many choices!  If you do not sell the software this is used in, is it considered a violation of the license?

LuI
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Denise, GPL is 'viral' and GPL applies to any publication of the licensed code and work containing this. So if you use it personally only - or maybe within your company - you do not publish it AFAIK. I am not really sure about the company thing, though.

Finally it is not very usefull in commercial companies nor in commercial products, but simply not selling a product does not fall out of the scope of GPL.

GPL requires anyone creating a work with GPL-licensed components to put the complete created product under GPL as well AND TO PUBLISH ALL ITS SOURCES. There are just very small and hard-to-go ways to circumvent this.

Using LGPL was much much easier!

Greetings from Germany!

--

LuI

Contributors