UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lining up graphs on multiple tabs

If I have a tab control with 3 tabs and 1 graph on each, what is the easiest way to get them all the same size and in the same location?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,950 Views)

This question might have been better posted on the Forums.

But as you're here. Write constants to the Properties "Position" and "Plot Area Size", using the same constants for each graph's property node. This will put them all in the same position on the front panel (each still within it's own tab) and ensure their sizes are equal.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,370 Views)

Thanks for the reply and next time I will post in teh Forums instead of here.  Is there a way to do it without property nodes and just the alignment tools?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,370 Views)

Copy/paste a graph outside the tab control and use the alignment tools to align it horizontally to the graph in one of the pages. Then go to the other pages and align them to the one outside the tab control. Repeat vertically.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 4 of 12
(5,370 Views)

Thanks Christina, I have been using this method also, but it seems a bit clunky. Just wasn't sure if there was direct method that was hidden or secret.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,370 Views)

The only other trick I know is to Duplicate the page of the tab control instead of adding a page and dropping a new graph.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 6 of 12
(5,370 Views)

There is also a small displacement coordinates floater that appears whenever you move an object around. If your take your first tab and copy the graph outside of the tab in the X direction (by holding Shift) and note the displacement on the foating tip. Then, in each subsequent tab page copy drag the graph into the new pages using Shift again to ensure only X direction movement to the same displacement as noted in the first instance. This should ensure all graphs are at the same coordinates.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,370 Views)

Sometimes I solve this by adding two temporary controls ouside the Tab.

I then Align all tab items to match one of the temporary controls to the Top and to the Left of the other one.

Align.png

Message 8 of 12
(5,370 Views)

This is one of the reasons we should have a floating ruler in LabVIEW...(but according to the kudos count there is only 1 other person that needs this 😉 ).

Another completely different answer to your question would be to set all the graphs to scale to pane...Unfortunately they will not scale to the tab contro - but fill the whole panel, but there are tricks to handle that. I've posted instructions and an example here.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,370 Views)

wow,that's very smart!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,370 Views)