Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flatline Controls

I've added a Waveform Chart in version 1.3

Message 11 of 21
(5,199 Views)

I like it, well done!!!

When I click with the mouse into a numeric control, the numeric field overlaps the increment/decrement button.

Does anyone have the same effect?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(5,202 Views)

Chris_Märki wrote:

When I click with the mouse into a numeric control, the numeric field overlaps the increment/decrement button.

Does anyone have the same effect?

Yes, but there doesn't seem to be a way around this.  The incr/decr buttons on the original LabVIEW controls are designed to sit outside the numeric box, but I preferred it inside the box.  One could shorten the actual text-entry field, but then there would be an annoying blank area when the incr/decr buttons are hidden (as on an indicator).   I decided to just accept the overlap when entering a value. 

There are several such tradeoffs made in this package (LabVIEW controls have a lot of quirks).  I did a lot of experimenting to try and come up with a good set of compromises.

Message 13 of 21
(5,202 Views)

Hello James

Thanks for your response.

Ok, this is a conscious decision. I can live with that.

I will continue to use your controls with a lot of joy.

Kudos to you!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(5,202 Views)

Hi! Great Work! But it would be more useful if there is Waveform Graph available...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(5,202 Views)

I have been loving the Flatline comntrols! I am looking for guidance on the best way to disable the mouse-over effect on the buttons (such as the Light-color Rounded Button.ctl). The issue is that on a touchscreen, clicking one of those buttons leaves it in the mouse-over state.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(5,204 Views)

The hover buttons are based on system controls, which don't support different colours for ON/OFF states, so I had to make the choice of just using flat PNGs for the ON state.  I use these as "action" buttons, which do something and do not stay in an "ON" position, so they work well for me

What you need is something based on regular LabVIEW controls.  I can't seem to attach a VI here, but I'll post it on LAVA here.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(5,204 Views)

Thanks! just what I need. Once tried the Silver controls but their minimum size is just too big.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(5,204 Views)

Really enjoying these controls, but have hit a stumbling block with the xy graph.  I'm trying to create additional Y scales, and swap sides but that option seems to be disabled.  Its working for waveform charts and regular charts, but not the xy graph. In fact just duplicating a scale does not behave as expected, the second scale falls on top of the first.

Is there an easy fix for the swap sides that would allow the usual xy graph behaviour?

I tried property nodes and can move the scale manually.  That's fine for 2 Yscales on the left, but if you want a Yscale on the right ticks and label stay on the left.  I can move the Yscale label with property nodes, but unlike normal behaviour the text read S-N not N-S like a typical swapped scale label.  I don't see a way to move the tick labels to the right, or reverse the label direction.  

BTW I'm using v1.7.1.26 installed through VIPM.  I see there's a v 1.8, but the download link from lavag.org is broken (https://lavag.org/files/file/287-flatline-controls/) and it doesn't show up in VIPM.  If its fixed in there is there another download link?

Thanks.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(3,922 Views)

I think I have "Advanced>>Auto adjust scales" turned off on that (for why see this LAVA link).  Turn it on and it should work normally when you add a second scale.

Message 20 of 21
(3,919 Views)