From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature suggestions for User Interface Manager

Alright i got it to work thx for the support, it's so simple sorry to trouble you! 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(4,490 Views)

Suppose I add plugins to the UIP Definitions table, selecting them one by one. I can't understand how I can make these additions survive from session to session.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(4,437 Views)

dumb plea: would it be possible to get the package compiled with an earlier VIPM? Linux VIPM is stuck to 2014, it cannot open 2017 packages.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(4,430 Views)

Some ideas and comments:

• As I have posted here for resizing an UI, I think that manipulating programmatically a captured state has interesting possibilities. However, I have only been able via flattening the state to xml, and manipulating the xml text, which looks to me a fragile detour. Is it possible to do the same in a smarter way? For instance accessing and addressing the relevant properties from the UIM wire?
  • in UI land there are also decorations. It would be nice to access them together with controls.
  • at first sight I think the FontUIP misses the Digital Display font properties for the Slider control. Uhm, I see, Digital Displays are sort of subcontrols in it. Wonder about traversal strategy.
  • There is a quite exotic control, the DSC multisegment pipe boolean. I wonder if it is supportable. Not all of its properties may even be exposed.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(4,422 Views)

And:

• are arrays traversed? My few attempts would say no. E.g. ValueUIP doesn't record the element values, FontUIP their font, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(4,415 Views)

Hello Enrico, for these more esoteric types of controls and arrays of controls the answer is most probably "no support". Flattening the information from arrays into XML representation is unfortunately quite a difficult and manual process in LabVIEW. Because all data primitive data types behave in a unique way and dont have a common interface within the language itself, all of these option are permutations of software that have to be handled one by one. I an only one developer working on this in my spare time, and because of this I have no time to include these additional plugins. The tool however is designed to be extensible, which allows anyone to create new plugins. Do you think you could give it a try yourself?

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(4,159 Views)

You can save those definitions into a file and load that file when you begin working with a new session.

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(4,152 Views)

This would be very complex for me to do. If I can recommend something that would be using windows to install/unpack the package, and then moving those files onto a linux system. Would that be possible?

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(4,148 Views)

It's a while since I posted the above, and it's a while I haven't used the UIM again. For one, JKI released in march VIPM 2017 for linux, so one of the issues would be solved for me.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(4,140 Views)

Where can I find some examples on how to use this? The slide show is nice but without any audio or text explanation it's rather useless. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(4,094 Views)