From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor Legends Customizing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Is there a way to customize the Cursor Legend in Graph. I painted it transparent but I couldn't paint transparent it all.

Thanks in advice 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,763 Views)

Could you please state, how you have tried to achieve your goal? I have just been testing and there seems to be no difficulty at all to paint the legend transparent:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,756 Views)

Thank you for trying to help. Still I can't paint it transparent. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,746 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MelliCain

Hi MelliCain,

I played around a bit and came to the conclusion that this behaviour is down to the silver type of front panel elements. I could not find a way to circumvent this lack of transparency setting of the silver controls. Is there a chance for you to switch to modern or classic elements? The modern graph still shows a border around the legend that cannot be made transparent. But with the classic graph that border will also disappear. I am not sure about the cursor table border lines in black - I can't find a menu-based option to make those disappear as well. Also, the background of the cursor movement buttons cannot be painted transparent in the classic graph, although the buttons themselves can be. Try to dig through the properties of the graph in VI server, maybe there is something you cannot touch via menus.

Message 4 of 15
(6,736 Views)

Hi, comrade,
You're right about the "Silver" type. 
About the black border in "Classic" - you should press "tab" while coloring and click "T" again so that both colors would be Transparent. Then click on the line, and it will become transparent.   

Message 5 of 15
(6,727 Views)

Thanks for this little tweak, didn‘t know about that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,719 Views)

Thank you for your advice

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,702 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MelliCain

Actually you CAN change the color for the Silver style.  You have to customize it first.

In the Customize Mode, select the Cursor Legend, from menu bar => Edit => Customize Control.  Now you get the 2nd customize dialog window. There are 7 layers, you can resize the 1st layer and then move, change color to other layers.

image.png

George Zou
Message 8 of 15
(6,691 Views)

Hi! 
Thank you for the tip! I was trying to customize it, but the right click wasn't giving the opportunity. When I tried to customize it from "Edit", it worked. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,685 Views)

Very nice, George! Thanks for this hint.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(6,679 Views)