UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control References Node

We have an internal tool at Erdos Miller that we've turned into a product. It's a node that outputs a cluster of references to all controls on the front panel. A free trial is available for download here:

http://info.erdosmiller.com/node-control-references-software-download-v1

It replaces code like this:

LabVIEW-code-node-image1.png

With a single node:

Capture.PNG

It also lets you:

• Bind the output type to a typedef.
  • Include a reference to the owning VI and/or the owning VI's front panel.
  • Exclude references to controls above or to the left of the origin.
  • Optionally exclude controls individually.

Controls on tabs are organized into page clusters. Try it out and let us know what you think!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,213 Views)

Hi David,

this looks really nice! I just downloaded the trial version, but it seems to be not working. The tool only outputs a numeric value, not a cluster:

234567890.png

I installed the trial version with VIPM and am using LV2017 SP1 (32bit). Did I miss something or is there a bug?

Regards

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,172 Views)

Hi crabman,

I got the very same problem for new VIs with just some controls and old VIs from existing projects. I already contacted Erdos Miller (David Taylor).

What happens when you double-click the XNode? (That was the last question of David after I already shut down my computer last night.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,169 Views)

crabman,

There appears to be a bug. Others have had the same issue that you are having. I'll let you know as soon as we've figured it out. Thanks for trying it out!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,152 Views)

What happens when you double-click the XNode? (That was the last question of David after I already shut down

I tried double-clicking but it seemed as if nothing happened.

Thanks for your replies guys. I'm really looking forward to the updated version.

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,149 Views)

We've found that this current version only works with English LabVIEW installations. We are working on an update that will be language independent and will post an update when it's done.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,138 Views)

Language-independent update just landed!

For those curious, the node was creating some property nodes and setting the selected properties by the property's name, which varies from one language to another. We just needed to update it so that they were set by the property's unique ID.

Message 7 of 7
(4,124 Views)