UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Extensible, Object-Oriented Alternative to XControls

@hooovahh,

Can I add your slider to the community shared list?

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI) | Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki
Tech Lead, Hill AFB LabVIEW Center of Excellence | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(441 Views)

Of course.  Have you thought about packaging up QControls in a package?  I created one just as a test and it worked out fine.  On the front panel you can drop any Facade you've created, but I've also got a template with a VI that has some block diagram objects as a template which drop nicely.  Then on the block diagram functions palette you can have the New, Close, and any public functions or property nodes which are VIs who's contents are placed there, and any demos.

Message 32 of 36
(438 Views)

The main toolkit does place items in the palettes for the QControls that ship with it but I have not made packages for other QControls that I have made. I’m sure it would be helpful if I did though. I just haven’t had the time.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI) | Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki
Tech Lead, Hill AFB LabVIEW Center of Excellence | Creator, The QControl Toolkit

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(432 Views)

Thanks! I added it to the list.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 36
(429 Views)

Alright I have another one for you.  Lets say I want a QControl that works with a Listbox, a Multicolumn Listbox, a Table, or a Tree.  How would you handle that?  I realize you could inherit from the Control class, and then just error if the input wasn't one of those but is there a better way?  I was thinking about making a QControl for each of those control types, and then use a polymorphic VI, which would select the Create, and Close functions.  It seems like a lot of work but I like that method better.  Any other suggestions on how to handle that?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(418 Views)

I copied your questions and answered them in the QControl Enthusiasts page, here.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(408 Views)