UI Interest Group Blog

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VI Gallery (UI almost like in Smart Phones) :)

~Samuli

Hi folks!

I created this example to Northern Region NIDays 2011 (Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium). It was the most popular Demo regarding to User Feedback. The idea is to create a UI that will work just like the Image Gallery sw in Smart Phones. So that you can scroll the FP screens. It will use Right mouse button instead of Left. This is because I'm using Sub Panel and there would be no point to use left mouse button to execute events if user really wants to use FP objects for example vertical slider etc. In the ZIP file there is actually three demos. There is Image Gallery that works with Left mouse button and there are two VI Gallery versions. First one is just a simple version and the other one is actually "iPad" version (round edges). Sorry but I did not have much time to comment the code but it's quite simple anyway If you have any questions please let me know.

Here are some instructions & Tips:

Image Gallery Demo:

- You can add/remove pictures to/from "Pics" folder.

- Use your LEFT mouse button as your finger or use Touch screen (drag+release left or right).

VI Gallery Demos: 

- Use RIGHT mouse button. "Drag+Release" Left or Right..

- You can add more files to "Dynamic Loading" folder. Use the same FP size. It's easy to just open one of those example files like "ExampleVI_1.vi" modify the code/fp and save it with a new name. Restart the Main VI and it should work automatically.

UPDATE: I added a Zip file to this post (removed some pictures from Pics folder).

Screenshots:

imagegallery.jpg

vigallery.jpg

Enjoy!

Br,

Samuli

Style is Everything
Comments
TroyK
Active Participant

Sounds interesting, I would love to take a look. Is there any way you can upload your file (or files) to the NI website somewhere?

Internal network security policies prevent me from downloading files from "Personal Network Storage" type sites such as dropbox.com etc.

Careful you don't infringe on any of Apple's IP , it seems they're feeling quite litigious and trigger happy at the moment.

Also, a screenshot or two would be nice. 

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
~Samuli

Hi TroyK! I added the file (I removed some pictures to reduce the file size). Here are some screenshots:

Image Gallery:

imagegallery.jpg

VI Gallery:

vigallery.jpg

Enjoy!

Br,

Samuli

Style is Everything
KrisnaWisnu

hey Samuli, really interesting way to make LabVIEW interesting! "

but the second portion, "VI Gallery Demos", I can't seem to hover to next controls/indicators. Everytime I right-click, the remote panel server appear. Am I missing something here?

Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
Certified TestStand Developer (CTD)
Using LabVIEW 8.5.1 (2008) to LabVIEW 2021