Twitter Toolkit for LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAuth not working anymore

Hi Milan,

thank you! You are the hero of the day! I will test the new version later. But, is it possible to make it compatible to LV 2010? What is the reason it is not supported?

Best,

Sebastian Trella

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 37
(3,862 Views)

Unfortunately it is not running. I get two errors: Open Twitter produces:

open twitter.png

and Post Tweet produces:

Post tweet.png

The first error is a show stopper. The second already happened to me in the version before and seems to be no bigger problem.

I have attached the VI I used for testing. It would be nice if you could take a look at it.

Br,
Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37
(3,862 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

I took the sample VI that you provided me, used the consumer key and consumer secret for my application and I was able to post a message with the VI. Have you gone through the whole process in the Getting Started Guide for creating a Twitter developer account and application to receive your consumer key and consumer secret from Twitter?

An important step is Step Number 5 that configures your application for Read and Write Access to a Twitter account.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37
(3,862 Views)

There is no reason that I can think of that would prevent running the Twitter VIs in LabVIEW 2010 and I believe the Toolkit should work with LabVIEW 2009 and up while v1.1 of the Twitter API allows non-SSL support. Once the Twitter API requires SSL support then only LabVIEW 2010 and up will be usable. The reason that it is currently unsupported is that I have not ported the VIs to LabVIEW 2009 / LabVIEW 2010 or have done testing on them in those environments.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37
(3,862 Views)

Hi Milan,

i have created a Twitter dev account and application. This has been working for quite some time. When doing the trick "JoeLesker" ist mentioning above, i can even tweet with the old package version. The new one is not working with the same credentials.

Best,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37
(3,862 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

The updated Toolkit has a new Workflow that should make the sign-in process simpler for the user and it is possible that something is preventing it from behaving correctly. Can you run the same example you provided me with the newest version of the toolkit (posted yesterday) and enable highlight execution in <LabVIEW>\vi.lib\LVH\i3 OAuth\Browser Workflow Authentication.vi

Hopefully you will be able to see at what point an error occurs. In addition, what platform are you using (Windows, Mac, Linux) and which version of LabVIEW are you using (the example provided appears to be LabVIEW 2012)?

Edit: In addition, when performing this test leave the Access Credentials blank so you are required to perform the login process to retrieve access tokens

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37
(3,862 Views)

I will try this later when the current project is finished. I will use the old version with the new API for now. I will try the new version in Highlight mode when everything is done here and I can find the time for more testing in about 20 days. Sorry that i cannot investigate on this error further, but time is running out and I need a running version now.

Thanks for your help so far!

Best,

Sebastian Trella

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(3,862 Views)

Maybe i can find the time to test already in 10 days on my machine at home.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37
(3,862 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

I am curious about the error to try and help future users. Can you do two things:

1. Try and disable the firewall on your computer and see if the error still occurs (I am assuming Windows 7 or Windows XP where firewalls are enabled by defualt)

2. If you still get an error, can you send me the consumer key and consumer secret for your application in a private message so I can see if I can post with them?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37
(3,862 Views)

My Firewall is disabled. I can connect to Twitter using the old toolkit.

I will send my credentials to you via private message.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37
(3,862 Views)