Twitter Toolkit for LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB error (error 0) when I try to run a simple program

Arend-Jan van Hilten Sep 2, 2014 9:25 AM

Hello,

I get a GPIB error (error 0) when I try to run a simple program. The Twitter Open.vi gives no error, but the subvi after that gives. I'm using LabVIEW 2014.

Thanks,

Arend-Jan

Hi Arend-Jan,

Unfortunately all the VIs in the toolkit tend to return error code zero when an error occurs which was very bad programming practice on my part. Sorry about that. However they do tend to include more information in the path string describing what went wrong.

You mentioned that you are running a simple program but do you get a similiar problem when running one of the example programs? There should be an example based on the different task you are doing.

Milan

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(14,835 Views)

Hi Milan,

This is my programtw.png

Open the twitter and than tweet something, and that gives me the error.

Thank you,

Arend-Jan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(11,301 Views)

Hi Arend-Jan,

It looks like you may have an older version of the i3 Twitter Toolkit. Can you upgrade it by installing the latest version as described on the Installing the Twitter Toolkit VI Package page.

After upgrading the toolkit, use the example titled Post New Tweet - Finite.

Milan

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(11,301 Views)

Hi Milan,

After installing the twiitter toolkit I am getting again error 0. I'am using the Labview 2014 64 bit edition on a windows 8 pc, maybe it's because of that.

I really appreciate your help.

Arend-Jan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(11,301 Views)

Hi Milan,

My father(Erik van Hilten) just looked at the code and it gave an error at the HTTP error vi, error 220 which stands for wrong credentials or something. Then I changed the input of the shift register, and after some wrong tokens it works. The consumer key and secret(according to the code) are described on dev.twitter.com as API keys. The Access Credentials(according to LV, Shift register) are described as access token and access token secret on the twitter site. so the GPIB error isn't something with the GPIB driver, would have been weird, Twitter via a GPIB cable, but it is something with the wrong tokens.

Thank you for your help,

Groetjes from the Netherlands,

Arend-Jan van Hilten

15 yo

Pi-nerd.comze.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(11,301 Views)

Hi Milan,

I would like to share my code, so everybody can test the code on their computer and the tweak the code.

Post tweet anonymuis account.vi

Groetjes,

Arend-Jan

PS: It is answered and it was my fault

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(11,301 Views)

Hi Arend-Jan,

I am glad you were able to figure out the problem! Yea, it is confusing having the terminology different from the Twitter website and the i3 Twitter toolkit. I will try and clarify the tokens in the documentation in the future.

Also, like you saw, the error messages I used were very confusing. Twitter via a GPIB would be a weird idea

Good luck with your project and I hope it is going well!

Milan

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(11,301 Views)