From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roborio2.0 power LED is red

Hello,

In our competition over the weekend, we experienced brownouts and loss in communication during a match and the robot became unresponsive. We noticed that the power LED was solid red. There were no metal shavings in it as we had plugged the unused ports on the rio. Nonetheless we blew compressed air through it but that did not help. We'd like to RMA.

Luckily we carried a spare rio and we continued to perform at the comp, but we need one now for the upcoming competition.

Please advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(781 Views)

Hi Frogy23, thanks for posting on the forums. I'm Matthew with NI.

Fortunately, the red power LED indicates that the device has gone into protection mode, but it is likely still fine.

Can you open the device using the four screws on the back and the two screws at the power port and clean the unit off using compressed air (maybe also use a flashlight to inspect the board closely for any remaining metal shards and remove them as well.) ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(777 Views)

We did the same yesterday and it didnt seem to help. We did not see any metal shards/shavings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(773 Views)

I sent an email to the address listed on your profile with next steps.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(737 Views)

I have the same issue with my roborio 2.0

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(125 Views)

I have two roborio 2.0 which is not working

1. power led is red, I cleat the board and it did not help

2. power led is bilking in green and the status blink in orange but the leds are not sync while blinking

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(123 Views)

Hi Tal3339, please make a new thread to discuss your particular issue. This helps to make clear what debugging steps have been tried in each case.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(99 Views)