From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoboRio

Hi, I am reaching out on behalf of team #8721. We are a rookie team and are having issues with our RoboRio. Our parts were delayed in shipping which made us already behind and now the RoboRio’s power is not working at all. All the wires that are plugged into it are correct and we cannot find anything wrong with it or what we have done. We are wondering what we can and should do about this issue to be ready in time to compete in the FRC competition the weekend of the 25th. Thank you in advance for your time, advice, and help. Please Let us know what to do as soon as you can.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(705 Views)

Are you able to measure the input wires with a DMM and share the voltage you're seeing on those wires?

That's the most complete way I can think of to validate all of the wiring work external to the roboRIO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(699 Views)

Hi, thank you for replying, Yes we were able to measure the input wires. It was 12.23 V DC measured by the DMM. We also spent an hour straight on the phone yesterday troubleshooting with NI. We have also talked to representatives from both NI and AndyMark. We have done everything we were told to do and told it should be replaced. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(649 Views)

I sent you a message to talk through how to proceed from here 😃

For some insight, these forums are the only place we'd expect FRC teams to get support.  I'd expect AndyMark to point you to these and typically our support number will not take calls so it's nice to hear they did their best to help out here.  The folks you get likely don't understand FRC and a lot of what you'll be doing to setup your system if you do get them on a call again.  Don't be too surprised if they're confused by some of the implementation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(633 Views)